Stuck on your manuscript? Read this pep talk from Neil Gaiman. And then, get your butt in the chair and write.
1. Join SCBWI, if you haven’t already.
2. Dare to bare and join a critique group.
3. Massage your work and revise.
4. Read, Read, Read.
5. Research literary agents and publishers.
6. Lather up interest in your work. Write a good query letter. There are so many ideas of what works, use a model query you like best.
7. Rinse. Proofread and send your work out.
8. All the gunk not out? Massage, Lather up and Rinse again. Try a different approach. Revise work and query letter. Proofread.
9. Repeat sending your work out until you reach success.
You’re gonna want to do this, because when your book is published, you’ll be able to use BookMoot’s great advice on School Visits, and see your book through your readers’ eyes. How cool is that?
Any other suggestions?