I’ve been tagged for a meme by Two Writing Teachers. I just found out Elaine tagged me too! Ack! You know what happens when I do memes…I always end up changing the rules…
Here are the original rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing ten years ago?
I had a real job, making real money, and had crazy ideas of leaving the consulting world because I was expecting Child #1.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
It’s a half-day of school today, so I’ve been working up a storm. Six girls are coming over to play. So far, I’ve:
1. Washed dishes my fairy godmother forgot to clean up.
2. Went to the grocery store for lunch stuff and snacks.
3. Went to the library to find some movies in case all hopes of nine girls getting along fails. Borrowed The Golden Compass and Alvin and the Chipmunks.
4. Three loads of laundry. Yuck.
5. Cleaned bathrooms. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
What are some snacks you enjoy?
I’m not really a snack person, though if I ever broke down, I’d go the salty, savory route. The foods I enjoy are:
2. Creative salads
3. Eggplant parmesan
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Build the perfect home for my family. I’ve thought often of what I would love, and this is what I’d have…4 bedrooms, 5 baths (I decided I’ve had it with the girls fighting over the bathroom), office/cave for Husband, office/library for myself, a big open study room for the kids that would be off the family room with lots of shelves and cabinets to keep things organized, an open hang-out room so the kids will want to invite their friends and I can keep an eye on everyone (I’m thinking ahead to the teenage years…), a gourmet kitchen where my personal chef can create culinary masterpieces, an airy first floor bedroom suite for my sister, and beautiful gardens I can putter around in.
2. Put together educational and travel funds for the kids. I’d never let them know we had all this money, since I don’t want them to depend on or expect that money will make them happy. Although they’d probably figure out we were comfortable because of my dream house…sigh…
3. Open and fund a group home for young disabled adults who want to maintain their independence and live with vibrant people, but need daily assistance and medical help.
4. Open and fund a camp for food allergic kids to teach them empowerment and have fun in a safe environment.
5. Fund research to find the cure for food allergies and dermatomyositis.
6. An endless supply of office and craft supplies.
What are three of your bad habits?
Would you believe I don’t have any? Heh, heh. Okay, here goes.
1. I’m a procrastinator…
2. But once I get going, I become obsessed with details…
3. I become so focused, I forget about things like making dinner or I might burn dinner and four other people in my household gnash their teeth because they have to fend for themselves.
What are five places where you have lived?
2 towns in New York
3 towns in Massachusetts
What are five jobs you have had?
Here are just some of my college jobs I’ve had…
1. Ice cream scooper
2. College tour guide
3. Switchboard operator
5. Athletic public affairs department assistant
6. College radio station news broadcaster
I tag anyone who wants to play. Let me know so I can be sure to visit!