It’s been a busy week, catching up from last week’s vacation and conference, preparing for family and friends to come over tomorrow to celebrate Middle One’s First Communion, writing a newsletter for The Husband’s clients, and getting PB wrapped up tight. I’m running a thousand miles a minute today, but wanted to share my gratitude for some of the fun things this week.
1. I found a beautiful First Communion dress for Middle One yesterday. Whew! Down to the wire. She didn’t fit into Eldest’s white dress or shoes as I had hoped, so the hunt started a few weeks ago to no avail. All the agony was worth the smile on her face–she looks incredible.
2. Middle One and Eldest still give me hugs when I drop them off at school. I’ve heard warnings from parents not to expect public displays of affection for much longer and I cling on to every moment, not ready to let go. Thankfully, they’re not ready either.
3. While I was away for the weekend, the kids and their friends borrowed the Flip and made movies. Hysterical, hysterical stuff.
4. After two years, I’ve finally come up with blog monikers for my children. Going forward, Eldest will be Spy Girl. Middle One is Ninja Girl. And Youngest is Princess Rock Star. Now I have to figure out what to call The Husband. Jon Bon Jovi is taken. Sigh. So…Nicolas Cage? Colin Firth? Harrison Ford? Hugh Jackman? Hmm….Suggestions?
5. I saw this cool video over at Miss Erin‘s and had to share it here. It’s fascinating how the artist, Jon Schmidt, combined two songs that seem different, yet merged common rhythmic elements and underlying notes, and created a whole new idea. You’ve got to love how this guy thinks.
6. I’m going to add one more thing since I figured it might be helpful to some of you. One of the presentations I went to at the conference was called “Everything You Wanted to Know About Agents…But Were Afraid to Ask.” As you can imagine, the room was packed. Kate Messner was one of the panelists and here are some tips.
Have a great weekend!